Gutierrez to take on Formula E
Failing to gain a drive in Formula 1 after being let go by Haas, Esteban Gutierrez has decided to take up the opportunity to race in Formula E.
Gutierrez suffered a disappointing 2016 season with the American outfit, with his ex team-mate Romain Grosjean scoring all the points.
His poor form resulted in Haas opting for former Renault driver Kevin Magnussen, meaning that the Mexican would have to find a race seat elsewhere.
With Manor Racing on the brink of administration and all the other teams have the drivers' line-ups seemingly set, Gutierrez will try out the electric series for the time being until something opens up for him in Formula 1.
It is still not clear as to which outfit he will be racing for, but it is rumoured that he will be joining Jay Penske's Future Dragon Racing.
More Motor Racing
- Bottas expects 'no issues' with Hamilton
- Williams: Bottas closing in on Mercedes deal
- Ricciardo expects 'hard and fair' battles with Max
- Boullier pragmatic as McLaren dream of winning
- Verstappen ready to be a Champion
- Only a week remaining to save Manor
- Zetsche's first thought: Not Lewis again
- 'Hulkenberg is the perfect fit'